
One day I woke up, and that was it : yes, I was definitly crazy! A voice had spoken to me in my dreams and had called me on the hard path 3/4 of us, women and men alike, follow : the quest for the perfect body. Aie, aie, what a mess!
A mess indeed! But I have gotten tired of sulking in dark corners to hide my curves, looking enviously to people who can fit in a size 7 pair of jeans... Got tired of this comedy of mine...(no it's not fat, it's love handles! -l-o-v-e- handles!), tired of getting every clothes off the shelves myself, in fear to ask one of the employee...:
'' Which size do you need?'' she'd ask. '' Huh...maybe medium...maybe large, depends... '' thinking 'definitly a large! Did you look at me girl? '
Mamma mia! I'm not one who's usually impressed by adds and magazines, nor do I think fashion is a must... I like to wear things I am comfortable in, and I like to be myself. But I have to admit, I've fallen into the unforgivable quest for the right body. My ex-boyfriend didn't help me out with that : '' Wow hun', you've got some large hips '', he once told me; '' Now, don't eat more to gain back the weight you've just lost! '', he whispered to me while we were going to bed. Sweet guy, very good friend now, but hell...did I need to hear those things from his mouth? Time passes and things happen, he's found someone else now. And I wish them happiness. No, really. No hard feelings there. Well, lets skip back to the facts : love -does- make you go blind; thus when your loved one starts to tell you such things...aie aie! The veil of blindness has started to fade!
I make it clear though, I shall never starve myself to death! Or skip a meal! Nor shall I take any weight loss pills! I want to loose weight the right way. At least that's a start. And it's half to laugh at myself, half to keep track of my progress, that I put up this blog. 'cmon people, we've got to laugh a little at ourselves! :)
Hey, people! Close the computer and up on the treadmill, chop chop!
A mess indeed! But I have gotten tired of sulking in dark corners to hide my curves, looking enviously to people who can fit in a size 7 pair of jeans... Got tired of this comedy of mine...(no it's not fat, it's love handles! -l-o-v-e- handles!), tired of getting every clothes off the shelves myself, in fear to ask one of the employee...:
'' Which size do you need?'' she'd ask. '' Huh...maybe medium...maybe large, depends... '' thinking 'definitly a large! Did you look at me girl? '
Mamma mia! I'm not one who's usually impressed by adds and magazines, nor do I think fashion is a must... I like to wear things I am comfortable in, and I like to be myself. But I have to admit, I've fallen into the unforgivable quest for the right body. My ex-boyfriend didn't help me out with that : '' Wow hun', you've got some large hips '', he once told me; '' Now, don't eat more to gain back the weight you've just lost! '', he whispered to me while we were going to bed. Sweet guy, very good friend now, but hell...did I need to hear those things from his mouth? Time passes and things happen, he's found someone else now. And I wish them happiness. No, really. No hard feelings there. Well, lets skip back to the facts : love -does- make you go blind; thus when your loved one starts to tell you such things...aie aie! The veil of blindness has started to fade!
I make it clear though, I shall never starve myself to death! Or skip a meal! Nor shall I take any weight loss pills! I want to loose weight the right way. At least that's a start. And it's half to laugh at myself, half to keep track of my progress, that I put up this blog. 'cmon people, we've got to laugh a little at ourselves! :)
Hey, people! Close the computer and up on the treadmill, chop chop!

No comments:
Post a Comment